What to Take on Your Ultimate Colombia Experience
The majority of people immediately assume that the weather is hot in South America, however because of the higher elevation in the Andes, the temperature level can really feel fairly chilly, specifically in the evening. Remember that although near the Equator, the greater altitude on some components of the journey produces great nights and you will require a warm coat or pullover. It’s best to layer clothes as opposed to bring a thick jacket so that you can take layers off when needed.
- Flight information (required – printouts of e-tickets may be required at the border)
- Travel Insurance information (required, with photocopies). Comprehensive travel insurance to meet all contingencies. This insurance must cover personal injury and emergency medical expenses.
- Passport (required, with photocopies). When on tours or away from your hotel, it is best to carry a photocopy of your passport.
- Required visas or vaccination certificates – specifically Yellow Fever and Covid-19 certificates (required, with photocopies)
- Lightweight quick-dry long sleeve shirts
- Fleece top/sweater
- Windproof rain jacket
- Long quick-dry pants (travel pants with multi pockets are the best)
- Shorts/skirts (Longer shorts/skirts are recommended)
- Short & Long socks
- Sunhat/ baseball cap
- Comfortable Footwear – tennis, sandals/flip-flops
- Camera or camera phone
- Cash, credit and debit cards
- Day pack (Used for daily excursions)
- First-aid kit (Facemask, lip balm with sunscreen, bandaids/plasters, antibacterial gel/wipes, antiseptic cream, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, rehydration powder, sunscreen, insect repellent (repellents with DEET are best), extra prescription drugs you may be taking)
- Small quick-dry travel towel
- Toiletries (Preferably biodegradable)
- Outlet adapter
Additional Amazon Essentials:
- Waterproof Jacket/Poncho
- Extra flashlight
- Re-usable drink bottle
- Zip Lock Bags – for protecting items, including clothing, from the humidity
- Laundry facilities are offered by most of our hotels for a charge.
Want your personal printable PDF checklist? Just contact us here, and we’ll send one to you within 24 hours.