Colombia is a country full of contrasts and natural wealth, where known and strangers get drunk with the magical landscapes offered by their different regions. In the coffee zone of the department of Quindío, is the municipality of Calarcá; only 7km from Armenia, its capital; ready to offer its visitors beautiful landscapes adorned with the magical colors of heliconias and butterflies; the unmistakable aroma of freshly roasted coffee; In addition to its lush mountains, the majesty of coffee farms and especially the friendly treatment of its people.
We work with and recommend booking flights with www.kiwi.com
Interested in a tour to The Quimbaya Botanical Gardens? Then be sure to check out this great option here!
What do we find in Calarcá?
- The Villa del Cacique, as the municipality of Calarcá is also known, is located just five minutes from Armenia, the capital of the department, and is the first Quindian destination arriving from Ibagué, capital of the department of Tolima. Among the things that can be done in Calarcá we have:
- Enjoy the historic and colonial architecture of the houses of bareque and tapia tread, which are accompanied by innumerable stories, tradition, large balconies, colorful gates, and mud roofs. Among many others, there is the Casa de los Téllez, the building of the Hospital la Misericordia, and the structure of the Rafael Uribe Uribe school.
- Fall in love with nature by visiting the 15 hectares of the Botanical Garden with guided tours and the splendid view of the butterfly structure that houses more than 50 different species for the enjoyment of humanity, is an adventure, since the collections of medicinal plants, heliconias, and cactus, are accompanied by gardens that delight the senses.
Want to start planning your Colombian Vacation? The best place to start is to check out the best tours available throughout Colombia right here!
In the month of June, the coffee festival is held right on the festive bridge of San Pedro and San Pablo, where locals and foreigners enjoy colorful shows, traditional costumes, native dances, and typical meals. In addition, the coffee queen is chosen, who out of her beauty must demonstrate her knowledge about everything related to the process, production, and preparation of this stimulating drink.
- Enjoy the Yipao parade where Willys Jeeps compete in four categories within the framework of the municipality’s festivities or simply move between municipalities and sidewalks in one of these traditional vehicles of the region at any time of the year, to know the expertise of the drivers, while enjoying the exuberant nature.
- Learn about the history and cultivation of coffee through the Recuca plan, which invites visitors to enter the coffee farms to get to know and enjoy first-hand coffee plantations, the process of harvesting, roasting and grinding the beans, Then enjoy the aroma, softness, and flavor of a cup of coffee listed as one of the best in the world.
Calarcá is a natural world to discover, where visitors will find lodgings that include hotels, farms, and country houses of different categories, which are accompanied by tourist plans and activities designed for all family members.
Like to create or customize a fantastico package tour of Colombia? Then contact us through the Get a Quote Page for Free Tour Videos, a Free Itinerary Creation, and an Obligation Free Quote!