+1 386 868 2555 info@bnbcolombia.com
+1 386 868 2555 info@bnbcolombia.com

Covid-19 in Colombia

What’s happening in Colombia in relation to Covid-19?

Updated 24th of June 2022

Please note that we receive our information from many different sources. Although we always strive for 100% accuracy, we advise travelers to always conduct further checks before making travel plans.

Coffee & Cacao tour in Viterbo

It’s no secret that COVID-19  devastated the economy of Colombia and the hardest sector hit by the Coronavirus is the tourism and hospitality sector. This caused many hotels, restaurants, and tour agencies to change hands.

I am happy to say that here at BnB Colombia Tours we have not only survived but have built on our already strong relationships with guides and transport operators throughout Colombia. So we now have even more fantastico experiences and tours, in even more locations throughout this beautiful country. We are now sharing this amazing and diverse country with vaccinated tourists from around the world. Click here to check out our range of 3-8 day modules where you can combine, and/or add/swap tours to create your perfect tour of Colombia. Read on to see our personal travel advice…

As of today (24th of June, 2022) in Colombia:

  • Borders are open and travelers may enter from land and by air.
  • Visitors to Colombia 18 years of age or older will need to provide proof of complete vaccination for entry. If your final COVID vaccine was less than 14 days before entry to Colombia you will also need to have a negative PCR test 72 hours prior to arrival in Colombia
  • No quarantine is required when entering Colombia
  • 1 – 48 hours before flight departure into/from Colombia a Check-Mig form must be submitted.
  • Facemasks are NOT required (but recommended) to be worn on public transportation and in closed areas.
  • Facemasks are NOT required in open public areas (but recommended).
  • Restaurants, bars, clubs, museums, movie theaters, concerts, casinos, sporting events, amusement parks, and exhibitions/trade shows in most of Colombia are open with social distancing regulations and health measures in place. It is also a requirement for anyone above the age of 11 to show their vaccination card in order to enter any of these premises. 
  • Biosecurity protocols are in place in public places and businesses. Such as hotels, restaurants, bars, cafes, banks, markets, beaches, national parks, taxis, buses, airports, schools, and universities. These protocols include the use of face masks, washing hands, and social distancing.
  • Current infection rate of COVID-19 is at 9% of the peak registered on June 27th 2021. 
  • 6,151,354 infections in total, 5,965,083 recovered and 139,970 coronavirus-related deaths.
  • 84.6% fully vaccinated (approximately), everyone over the age of 03 is eligible to receive the vaccine, and booster shots are available for all those above the age of 30.

Our advice for travelers planning on visiting the beautiful country of Colombia is to book and travel at any time you choose. And not be concerned with Covid in Colombia at all.

Due to the ongoing vaccine programs in Colombia and other countries, and from all reports that we monitor daily, we believe the worst is truly behind us and travelers will not have any travel restrictions going forward.

*Read the BnB Colombia Tours Health and Safety Protocols here

We offer some of the most flexible booking terms and conditions available at this time. Whereby once an itinerary and pricing have been agreed upon a 25% deposit is required, and the remaining 75% is not due to be paid until 30 days before the tour start date. This means that up until 30 days before the tour you can still change the dates, tours, hotels, flights, etc. Full terms and conditions

For daily updates on travel restrictions, we use Sherpa as a great reference. 

Please note that we receive our information from many different sources. Although we always strive for 100% accuracy, we advise travelers to always conduct further checks before making travel plans.

×